Whole Jowar grain kichdi is a healthy replacement for sago kichdi. The low calorie dish is made more healthier by including sprouted horsegram and veggies. This wholesome food keeps us full for a long time. Best suited for diabetes.
- 1/2 Cup Jowar/Sorghum/Cholam Grains
- 2 Tbsp Sprouted Horsegram
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Chopped Ginger
- 3 Tbsp Peanuts
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Cup Mixed Vegetables ( Carrot, beans, peas and capsicum)
- 1 Tbsp Grated Jaggery
- 2 Tbsp Grated Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 10 Curry leaves
- Soak Jowar grains for 15 hours and pressure cook adding 3 cups of water along with horsegram for 20 whistles.
- In a pan add oil and temper mustard seeds, jeera, green chillies, ginger, asafoetida and peanuts.
- Add veggies, curry leaves and saute till they become soft.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and and the cooked jowar with water and simmer for 10 minutes or till it becomes little dry.
- Add jaggery and coconut and switch off when the kichdi is little soggy. The water is absorbed once cooled.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve warm.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email