Whole Jowar grain kichdi is a healthy replacement for sago kichdi. The low calorie dish is made more healthier by including sprouted horsegram and veggies. This wholesome food keeps us full for a long time. Best suited for diabetes.
- 1/2 Cup Jowar/Sorghum/Cholam Grains
- 2 Tbsp Sprouted Horsegram
- 2 Tbsp (Cold Pressed) Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Chopped Ginger
- 3 Tbsp Peanuts
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Cup Mixed Vegetables ( Carrot, beans, peas and capsicum)
- 1 Tbsp Grated Jaggery
- 2 Tbsp Grated Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 10 Curry leaves
- Soak Jowar grains for 15 hours and pressure cook adding 3 cups of water along with horsegram for 20 whistles.
- In a pan add oil and temper mustard seeds, jeera, green chillies, ginger, asafoetida and peanuts.
- Add veggies, curry leaves and saute till they become soft.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and and the cooked jowar with water and simmer for 10 minutes or till it becomes little dry.
- Add jaggery and coconut and switch off when the kichdi is little soggy. The water is absorbed once cooled.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve warm.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?