Muthia is a Gujarati snack generally prepared with wheat flour and are relished as it is or added to 'Undhiyo'
- 1 cup jowar flour
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cup grated lauki/bottlegourd
- 1 laddle curd
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- a few curry leaves
- Make a soft dough with the above ingredients
- No need of water since Lauki leaves a lot.
- Divide into 3 portions and make logs . Steam them for 25 minutes. Cool and cut.
- In a pan do tadka of mustard, jeera, asafetida and curry leaves.
- Saute the Muthias till crisp. Don't turn them often since they may break.
- Serve with green chutney, tomato sauce etc.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email