Muthia is a Gujarati snack generally prepared with wheat flour and are relished as it is or added to 'Undhiyo'
- 1 cup jowar flour
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cup grated lauki/bottlegourd
- 1 laddle curd
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- a few curry leaves
- Make a soft dough with the above ingredients
- No need of water since Lauki leaves a lot.
- Divide into 3 portions and make logs . Steam them for 25 minutes. Cool and cut.
- In a pan do tadka of mustard, jeera, asafetida and curry leaves.
- Saute the Muthias till crisp. Don't turn them often since they may break.
- Serve with green chutney, tomato sauce etc.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?