I love baking! The well baked fluffy, pillow soft cake with healthy ingredients is to die for! Made this as a vegan cake for my son. But normal milk and curd will also work great for this recipe. I used palm candy sugar as a sweetener which gave a mild sweetness to the cake and the addition of musk melon and its juice made all the difference!
- 3/4 Cup Sorghum/Jowar Flour
- 1/4 Cup Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Palm Candy Sugar Powder/Panam kalkandu powder
- 1/2 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Musk Melon/Cantaloupe Juice
- 1/4 Cup Grated Musk Melon (packed)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Thick Vegan Curd
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Slightly roast jowar flour to remove the raw smell.
- Mix wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder. Sieve thrice.
- Grate musk melon and squeeze out the juice.
- Now mix the wet ingredients like coconut milk, curd, melon juice, oil, vanilla extract and grated melon in a wide bowl. Mix palm candy sugar powder and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients in 2 batches and mix without lumps.
- Transfer to a greased and dusted cake mould and tap to remove the bubbles.
- Bake at 180 degrees in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Dairy milk, curd and butter can be used in place of coconut milk, oil and vegan curd. Adjust the milk quantity accordingly because I used store bought thick coconut milk. Dairy milk will not be so thick.
2. Normal sugar can be used instead of palm candy sugar.