Cooks in : 40 min Serves: 2 people
I love baking! The well baked fluffy, pillow soft cake with healthy ingredients is to die for! Made this as a vegan cake for my son. But normal milk and curd will also work great for this recipe. I used palm candy sugar as a sweetener which gave a mild sweetness to the cake and the addition of musk melon and its juice made all the difference!
- 3/4 Cup Sorghum/Jowar Flour
- 1/4 Cup Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Palm Candy Sugar Powder/Panam kalkandu powder
- 1/2 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Musk Melon/Cantaloupe Juice
- 1/4 Cup Grated Musk Melon (packed)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Thick Vegan Curd
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Slightly roast jowar flour to remove the raw smell.
- Mix wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder. Sieve thrice.
- Grate musk melon and squeeze out the juice.
- Now mix the wet ingredients like coconut milk, curd, melon juice, oil, vanilla extract and grated melon in a wide bowl. mix palm candy sugar powder and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients in 2 batches and mix without lumps.
- Transfer to a greased and dusted cake mould and tap to remove the bubbles.
- Bake at 180 degrees in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.
1. Dairy milk, curd and butter can be used in place of coconut milk, oil and vegan curd. Adjust the milk quantity accordingly because I used store bought thick coconut milk. Dairy milk will not be so thick.
2. Normal sugar can be used instead of palm candy sugar.