Kala Chana or black chickpeas are a good source of dietary fibre. It has potassium, sodium, iron, calcium and folate. 100 grams of boiled chana has approx. 269 calories. When they are mixed with fibre rich millets, the outcome is a very healthy dish! Dosas are a favourite delicacy in many homes and this recipe is best to start the day with a nutrition packed dish.
- 1 Cup Pearl Millet/Bajra Grains
- 1/2 Cup Black Chana/Desi chana/Kondakadalai
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi/Vendhayam Seeds
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak millet and chana separately for 6 hours. Drain. Grind all the ingredients to a smooth batter. Add salt and mix well.
- Ferment for 4 hours. If the weather is cold, ferment longer.
- Mix well and make dosas. Healthy, delicious dosas are ready.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Other millets like Sorghum, Kodo, Foxtail, Barnyard, Little or Proso can be used for this recipe.