This is an age old recipe where a little dosa batter is cooked to porridge consistency and added to the remaining batter. This helps to make soft dosas immediately without fermentation.
- 1 Cup Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 2 Tbsp Poha/Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak millet and poha for 2 hours. Drain. Grind to a smooth batter. Let the batter be thick. In a pan take 1/2 Cup batter, add 1.5 Cup water and mix without any lumps.
- Cook this batter on low flame until it becomes thick porridge/Koozh. Let it cool down completely.
- Mix this cooked batter to the remaining dosa batter and mix without lumps.
- Add salt and half cup water. Mix well.
- Make dosas immediately .
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Can add a ladle of curd to the dosa batter.