This is an age old recipe where a little dosa batter is cooked to porridge consistency and added to the remaining batter. This helps to make soft dosas immediately without fermentation.
- 1 Cup Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 2 Tbsp Poha/Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak millet and poha for 2 hours. Drain. Grind to a smooth batter. Let the batter be thick. In a pan take 1/2 Cup batter, add 1.5 Cup water and mix without any lumps.
- Cook this batter on low flame until it becomes thick porridge/Koozh. Let it cool down completely.
- Mix this cooked batter to the remaining dosa batter and mix without lumps.
- Add salt and half cup water. Mix well.
- Make dosas immediately .
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Can add a ladle of curd to the dosa batter.