Neer dosa is a delicacy of Karnataka, generally prepared with rice. Came across this millet version from Swayampaka.com and made a few changes to suit my needs.
- 1 cup Kodo Millet
- 1/4 cup Grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Curd
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1.5 cups Water
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Wash and soak the millet in 1.5 cups of water for 2 hours.
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- Grind the millet smoothly with just a few table spoons of water along with grated coconut, coconut oil and curd.
- Adding curd and oil gives softness to the dosa.
- Add the strained water and make a thin dosa batter.
- Using a nonstick pan make dosas just by pouring. Do not spread the batter with the ladle.
- Cover and cook.
- Serve with Sambar and Chutney.