- Cooks in : 30 min Serves: 2 people
The Sindhi Koki roti is a fabulous flat bread with lots of greens and spices. Chopped Onion gives crunchiness to the roti and the spices enhance the flavours. I used Sorghum/Jowar flour for this recipe.
- 2 Cups Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Packed Chopped mixed greens (spring onions, coriander and Mint leaves)
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 3 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Pomegranate Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Carom Seeds/Omam/Ajwain
- In a wide bowl mix the above ingredients well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Using hot water knead a tight dough. Since the greens leave water, make sure that a very little quantity of water is added slowly.
- Cover and keep rest for 20 minutes. Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and make balls.
- Grease a parchment paper/banana leaf and place a ball. Make a 4″ disc by patting with hands. Wet or grease the fingers before patting.
- Transfer it to a preheated tawa and cook both sides on medium heat with oil.
- Serve with pickle and curd.
1. Note here