The Sindhi Koki roti is a fabulous flat bread with lots of greens and spices. Chopped Onion gives crunchiness to the roti and the spices enhance the flavours. I used Sorghum/Jowar flour for this recipe.
- 2 Cups Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Packed Chopped mixed greens (spring onions, coriander and Mint leaves)
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 3 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Pomegranate Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Carom Seeds/Omam/Ajwain
- In a wide bowl mix the above ingredients well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Using hot water knead a tight dough. Since the greens leave water, make sure that a very little quantity of water is added slowly.
- Cover and keep rest for 20 minutes. Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and make balls.
- Grease a parchment paper/banana leaf and place a ball. Make a 4'' disc by patting with hands. Wet or grease the fingers before patting.
- Transfer it to a preheated tawa and cook both sides on medium heat with oil.
- Serve with pickle and curd.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email