Horse gram/Kollu/Kulthi is considered as a miracle super food that is widely consumed as a staple diet in the southern parts of India. It is rich in nutrients and have plenty of minerals too- phosphorus, calcium, protein and iron. Hence it is known to be very beneficial for human health. I have already shared a few recipes recipes using this. Try this easy recipe which can be made within minutes, if the cooked millet is ready.
- 3 Cups of Cooked and Cooled Barnyard Millet
- 1/4 Cup or 50 Grams Horse gram
- 2 Tbsp Kopra/Dried Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 Tsp Chana Dal
- 2 Red Chillies
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 2 Red Chillies (broken into pieces)
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- In a pan on medium heat, first dry roast horse gram. When it starts crackling, add chana dal and urad dal. Continue roasting and when urad dal turns golden, add red chillies and kopra. Roast for a minute and turn off heat. Let it cool completely.
- Using the small mixie jar, make a coarse powder of the roasted ingredients.
- Do seasing of the ingredients mentioned under the heading ''seasoning''. Once done, add it to the cooked and cooled millet. Add dal powder and salt. Mix well.
- Finally add a tbsp of sesame oil and mix well. Healthy aromatic Kollorai is ready!
- Other millets like Kodo/Little/Foxtail/Proso can be used for this recipe.
- The powder can be made in bulk and stored in refrigerator.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?