Kothu parota is a famous street food of Tamil Nadu, which is prepared with leftover rotis or plain parathas. Veggies are cooked with spices and finally, rotis are made into pieces and tossed. I used jowar rotis for this awesome quick snack!
- 3 Small Leftover Jowar Rotis
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped tomatoes
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala/Pav Bhaji Masala
- 8 Small Soaked and squeezed Soya Chunks
- 1 Capsicum Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Curry Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker arrange as follows:
- Layer 1: Water, oil
- Layer 2: Chopped Onion
- Layer 3: Chopped tomatoes
- Layer 4: Curry leaves and all spices mentioned above except soya sauce
- Layer 5: Soya Chunks
- Layer 6: Sliced capsicum pieces in a small bowl so that it remains crunchy.
- Close and cook on small burner high for 5 whistles.
- Carefully release pressure manually, add soya sauce, roti pieces, capsicum and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email