Kothu parota is a famous street food of Tamil Nadu, which is prepared with leftover rotis or plain parathas. Veggies are cooked with spices and finally, rotis are made into pieces and tossed. I used jowar rotis for this awesome quick snack!
- 3 Small Leftover Jowar Rotis
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp (Cold Pressed) Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped tomatoes
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala/Pav Bhaji Masala
- 8 Small Soaked and squeezed Soya Chunks
- 1 Capsicum Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Curry Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- In a pan add oil and sauté onion till they become transparent. Add tomatoes and salt. Sauté for for a minute.
- Add all spices and soya chunks mentioned above except soya sauce. Add 2 tbsp water and keep the pan covered on low heat. Let the soya chunks become soft.
- Once done, add capsicum pieces and sauté everything for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Now add soya sauce, roti pieces and mix well. Switch off heat and keep the pan covered for a minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?