Kunukku is a snack item prepared with soaked and ground rice and pulses along with spices and deep fried later. Replacing rice with millet didn't change the taste. The millet kunukkus stay crisp for a long time and absorb less oil compared to rice.
- 1/2 Cup Barnyard/Kudhiraivali Millet
- 1/4 Cup Toor dal
- 1/4 Cup Chana dal
- 2 tbsp Urad dal
- 1/4 Cup Grated Coconut
- 4 Long Red Chillies
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Veggies ( all coloured capsicums, carrot)
- 3 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp Chopped Curry leaves
- Oil for frying
- Wash and soak the millet for 2 hours.
- Wash and soak all pulses together for 2 hours.
- Grind coconut, chillies and salt.
- Add drained millet and pulses and grind coarsely adding very little water. The batter should be thick.
- Add veggies, asafoetida and the leaves. Mix well.
- Deep fry on medium heat by dropping small pieces.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?