I had some leftover cooked Barnyard millet and wanted to try dosa using that and I got a very crisp and tasty dosa for our breakfast! Try this recipe when you have leftover millet and want to finish it off in a different way! Nobody will know the secret!
- 1 Cup Cooked Barnyard Millet
- 1/2 Cup Ragi Flour
- 1/4 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Curd
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- Grind the left over millet to a fine paste. Add ragi, curd, some water and again grind to a smooth batter. Remove and mix in wheat flour, salt and seasoning. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Make sure the batter consistency is perfect for making dosas.
- Heat a nonstick dosa pan, pour batter and spread. Cook by pouring oil on sides. Once the bottom gets cooked, flip and cook the other side.
- Yummy dosas ready!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Any leftover millet like little, kodo, foxtail can be used instead of barnyard.
2. Ragi can be replaced with any millet flour of your choice.
3. Seasoning is optional.