This is another idli recipe using lobia/Karamani/Pigeon eyed peas instead of urad dal. The right combination of millets and other ingredients is the secret of getting soft , fluffy idlis. These idlis are as delicious as urad dal idlis and you will find no difference in taste.
- 1 Cup Whole Pearl Millet Grains/Kambu
- 1 Cup Foxtail Millet/Thinai
- 1 Cup Sago/Javvarisi/Sabudana
- 1 Cup Lobia/White Karamani/Pigeon Eyed Peas
- 1/4 Cup Poha
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi Seeds
- 2.5 Tsp Salt
- Soak millets, dal, sago and fenugreek seeds together for 5 hours. Soak poha separately for an hour.
- Using mixie, grind to a thick batter. Add salt.
- Ferment for 6 to 8 hours/overnight.
- Using idli moulds, make idlis. Serve with sambar/chutney/podi.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. I used red rice flakes/poha for this recipe.
2. Make sure the bater is thick. Millet batter becomes slightly thin after fermenting.