Cooks in : 10 min Serves: 2 people
Masala Papad is a popular fast food across India. Roasted papads are topped with onion, tomatoes, and spices and finally deep fried namkeen is sprinkled on top. In this recipe, I used roasted bajra puffs as toping and made the dish completely oil free. A healthy, nutritious guilt free snack is ready within minutes! This is served as a starter in many restaurants.
- 2 Big size UradPapads or Lijjat Papads
- 2 Tbsp Each of finely chopped (onions, carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, coriander leaves)
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Bajra Puffs
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- In a wide bowl take all the chopped veggies, chilli powder, cumin powder, chat masala, salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Roast the papads and place them on 2 plates.
- Spoon the veggies on the papads.
- Finally sprinkle bajra puffs and serve immediately.
1. The papads can also be deep fried.
2. Serve the papads immediately, otherwise they may become soggy.
3. Jowar puffs can also be used instead of bajra puffs.