Mie Goreng is a spicy fried noodle dish common in Indonesia, Malaysiya and Singapore. The noodles are mixed with stir fried shallots, garlic and veggies seasoned with soya sauce. I used Kodo Millet Noodles for this recipe.
- 1 Packet of Kodo Millet Noodles (175 Grms)
- 1/2 Cup each Chopped (Carrots, Cabbage, Capsicum, Beans, Spring Onion)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Shallots/Onion
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Garlic cloves
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp each (Salt, Sugar, Pepper powder)
- 1/2 Tsp each (Tamarind paste, Chilli Sauce)
- 1 Slit Green Chilli
- In a 2Ltr Cooker Layer as below:
- Layer 1: 1/4 Cup Water, 2 Tsp Oil
- Layer 2: Shallots and Garlic cloves
- Layer 3: Chilli and Veggies
- Layer 4: Salt, Sugar, Pepper, tamarind paste, soya sauce, chilli sauce
- Layer 5: Crushed and washed noodles.
- Cook on high for 2 whistles. Release Pressure manually. Mix well. Keep covered for 5 minutes.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Other millet noodles can also be used for this recipe.