Mie Goreng is a spicy fried noodle dish common in Indonesia, Malaysiya and Singapore. The noodles are mixed with stir fried shallots, garlic and veggies seasoned with soya sauce. I used Kodo Millet Noodles for this recipe.
- 1 Packet of Kodo Millet Noodles (175 Grms)
- 1/2 Cup each Chopped (Carrots, Cabbage, Capsicum, Beans, Spring Onion)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Shallots/Onion
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Garlic cloves
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp each (Salt, Sugar, Pepper powder)
- 1/2 Tsp each (Tamarind paste, Chilli Sauce)
- 1 Slit Green Chilli
- In a 2Ltr Cooker Layer as below:
- Layer 1: 1/4 Cup Water, 2 Tsp Oil
- Layer 2: Shallots and Garlic cloves
- Layer 3: Chilli and Veggies
- Layer 4: Salt, Sugar, Pepper, tamarind paste, soya sauce, chilli sauce
- Layer 5: Crushed and washed noodles.
- Cook on high for 2 whistles. Release Pressure manually. Mix well. Keep covered for 5 minutes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Other millet noodles can also be used for this recipe.