Soft, fluffy, spongy and white idlis are referred as ''Khushbu Idlis'' in TamilNadu. This is strange!! But you will definitely be bold over by the taste, texture, softness and the colour of the idlis!! Using sago/sabudana for idlis to enhance the texture and colour is a recent phenomenon. So, enjoy these idlis and satisfy your eyes and taste buds!!
- 1 Cup Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 1 Cup Urad Dal
- 1 Cup Idli Rice
- 3/4 Cup Sago/Javvarisi/Sabudana
- 1/4 Cup Flakes/Poha/Aval
- 1/2 Tsp Methi Seeds
- 2.5 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak all the ingredients together except salt for 5 hours.
- Using a mixie grind to a smooth batter adding very little water. The batter should look like butter after grinding.
- Add salt and ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
- Before making idlis mix the batter well. Make idlis using idli moulds. Steam for 15 minutes. Khushbu idlis are ready!!
1. Please ensure that you add very little water while grinding as batter turns little thin after fermenting. If more water is added while grinding, it will not give fluffy idlis.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?