Chivda is a low calorie snack generally relished with a hot cup of tea. It is made out of rice flakes (poha) as the main ingredient. I replaced it with Kodo Millet poha and Ragi/Finger Millet Poha.
- 1 cup Kodo Millet Poha
- 1 cup Ragi Poha
- 1/4 cup ground nuts
- 1/4 cup pottu kadalai (roasted gram)
- 1 tbsp sombu (saunf)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3-4 green chilli
- Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp kopra
- 2 tbsp sugar powder
- 3 tbsp (Cold Pressed) Oil
- Dry roast sesame seeds and flaxseed till they pop up.
- Dry roast the kopra.
- Add 2 tsp of oil and roast kodo millet poha on low heat.
- Add a tsp of oil and roast ragi poha on low heat.
- Add a tbsp of oil and fry saunf, chopped green chillies ( till it changes its colour), groundnuts, roasted gram one by one.
- Finally fry the curry leaves till crisp and a pinch asafoetida in the remaining oil.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Mix everything well and store in an air tight container.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?