Chivda is a low calorie snack generally relished with a hot cup of tea. It is made out of rice flakes (poha) as the main ingredient. I replaced it with Kodo Millet poha and Ragi/Finger Millet Poha.
- 1 cup Kodo Millet Poha
- 1 cup Ragi Poha
- 1/4 cup ground nuts
- 1/4 cup pottu kadalai (roasted gram)
- 1 tbsp sombu (saunf)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3-4 green chilli
- Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp kopra
- 2 tbsp sugar powder
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Dry roast sesame seeds and flaxseed till they pop up.
- Dry roast the kopra.
- Add 2 tsp of oil and roast kodo millet poha on low heat.
- Add a tsp of oil and roast ragi poha on low heat.
- Add a tbsp of oil and fry saunf, chopped green chillies ( till it changes its colour), groundnuts, roasted gram one by one.
- Finally fry the curry leaves till crisp and a pinch asafoetida in the remaining oil.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Mix everything well and store in an air tight container.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email