Ladies finger/bhindi/vendakaai is a high fiber vegetable known for its soluble and insoluble fiber. This helps in controlling the sugar levels in our body. Generally, the heads are discarded. But they are edible and my mother and grand mother used them in dosas and followed their foot steps and made this awesome hi fiber dosas for our breakfast!
- 1 Cup Barnyard Millet/Kudhiraivali
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Fenugreek/Methi seeds
- 50 tender cut heads of ladies finger/bhindi/vendakaai (Use only tiny tender heads)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Wash and soak millet, dal and methi seeds for 4 hours.
- Using a blender, first grind the cut heads of ladies finger followed by the soaked items to a smooth batter.
- Add salt and allow it to ferment for 8 hours.
- Make dosas and serve with chutney/sambar/podi
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?