After posting the Multi Millet Flour recipe, a reader asked me whether idlis can be made using this flour. I replied that I will try and share the recipe. So here comes soft, pours, light multi millet flour idlis! Thanks Jacqueline!
- 3 Cups Multi Millet Flour
- 1 Cup Red Poha/White Poha (Aval/flakes/flattened rice)
- 1 Cup Urad Dal
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi seeds
- 3 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak poha for 2 hours.
- Wash and soak methi seeds and urad dal for 2 hours.
- Using a blender grind the soaked poha to rava consistency without adding much water.
- Grind urad dal and fenugreek seeds fine.
- Mix millet flour, ground poha and urad dal well without any lumps. Add salt and allow it to ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
- Using idli mould make idlis.
1. To get lump free batter, first mix the millet flour with some water. Add the ground batters to it and mix thoroughly using a wire whisk/hand.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?