Protein and fibre rich Green Peas is best suited for diabetes and a variety of dishes can be made with this vegetable. In this Idli recipe, I have added peas masala to the millet idli batter and it turned out beautifully! We loved the green idlis! Try this recipe with any millet idli batter. I have already shared many varieties of idlis using various millets. Pick the basic millet idli recipe from the website and try this peas idlis.
- 3 Cups Millet Idli Batter
- 1 Cup Fresh Green Peas
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Chana dal
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 8 Curry Leaves
- Grind peas, ginger, chillies, coriander leaves to a fine paste and add to the idli batter. The peas masala should be mixed well with the batter.
- Do the seasoning and add to the batter. Grease the idli moulds and pour the green batter. Steam for 15 minutes. Serve with chutney/sambar/podi
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Any millet idli batter can be used for this recipe.