Handvo is a Gujarati dish prepared using rice, dal and veggies. It is baked using a tawa or an oven, but the latter gives more desired results.
- 1/2 cup Barnyard Millet
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 1 tbsp green moond dal
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 1 tbsp horsegram dal
- 1/4 cup sour curd
- 1/2 cup Kasoori methi
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger green chilli paste
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/8th tsp hing
- Wash and soak all lentils and millet for 4 hours.
- Drain and blend smooth.
- Add curd and allow it to ferment overnight.
- Next morning do the seasoning with the oil and keep aside.
- Add salt, kasoori methi, lemon juice, sugar, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger green chilli paste, salt, baking soda and give a quick mix.
- Pour the batter in a greased mould.
- Pour the seasoning over the batter evenly.
- Bake at 180 deg C in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.Let it remain in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Demould, cut and serve with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email