Handvo is a Gujarati dish prepared using rice, dal and veggies. It is baked using a tawa or an oven, but the latter gives more desired results.
- 1/2 cup Barnyard Millet
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 1 tbsp green moond dal
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 1 tbsp horsegram dal
- 1/4 cup sour curd
- 1/2 cup Kasoori methi
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger green chilli paste
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/8th tsp hing
- Wash and soak all lentils and millet for 4 hours.
- Drain and blend smooth.
- Add curd and allow it to ferment overnight.
- Next morning do the seasoning with the oil and keep aside.
- Add salt, kasoori methi, lemon juice, sugar, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger green chilli paste, salt, baking soda and give a quick mix.
- Pour the batter in a greased mould.
- Pour the seasoning over the batter evenly.
- Bake at 180 deg C in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.Let it remain in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Demould, cut and serve with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?