Khandvi is a Gujarati dish made with gram flour/besan. Sour curd and spices are added and and rolls are made with the cooked batter. I tried with Ragi and it came out really well and tasted awesome! It is an OPOS dish.
- 1 Cup Ragi Flour
- 3/4 Cup Thick Hung Sour Curd
- 1/2 Cup whey water or plain water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ginger Green Chilli paste
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds seasoned in a tsp oil.
- 1 tbsp grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl without any lump.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure cooker pour a cup of water and place the vessel.
- Make sure that water doesn't enter the vessel in which the batter is kept.
- Close and cook for 5 whistles. Let the pressure settle down.
- Open whisk with a steel wire blender nicely.
- Pour the cooked batter on greased plates and spread as thin as possible.
- Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Once dried, sprinkle grated coconut, mustard seeds, coriander leaves.
- Cut in lengthwise strips.
- Slowly roll them like mats.
- Arrange the rolls on a plate and sprinkle some more coconut, mustard seeds and coriander leaves.
- Serve with Green Chutney.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email