Khandvi is a Gujarati dish made with gram flour/besan. Sour curd and spices are added and and rolls are made with the cooked batter. I tried with Ragi and it came out really well and tasted awesome!
- 1 Cup Ragi Flour
- 3/4 Cup Thick Hung Sour Curd
- 1/2 Cup whey water or plain water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ginger Green Chilli paste
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds seasoned in a tsp oil.
- 1 tbsp grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl without any lump.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure cooker pour a cup of water and place the vessel.
- Make sure that water doesn't enter the vessel in which the batter is kept.
- Close and cook for 5 whistles. Let the pressure settle down.
- Open whisk with a steel wire blender nicely.
- Pour the cooked batter on greased plates and spread as thin as possible.
- Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Once dried, sprinkle grated coconut, mustard seeds, coriander leaves.
- Cut in lengthwise strips.
- Slowly roll them like mats.
- Arrange the rolls on a plate and sprinkle some more coconut, mustard seeds and coriander leaves.
- Serve with Green Chutney.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?