Khichdi is a simple wholesome food prepared in most parts of India. Rice and dal are the main ingredients and I replaced rice with millet. It is an OPOS dish.
- 1/2 cup Foxtail millets
- 1/2 cup split green moong
- 3 cloves
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ghee
- a few curry leaves
- 1 Bay leaf
- Soak the dal for an hour.
- In a cooker add ghee. Add bay leaf, cloves, jeera, ginger, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Wash the millets and add them along with dal.
- Add turmeric and chilli powders.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water and salt.
- Cook for 4 whistles and serve it with ghee and kadi.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email