Khichdi is a simple wholesome food prepared in most parts of India. Rice and dal are the main ingredients and I replaced rice with millet.
- 1/2 cup Foxtail millets
- 1/2 cup split green moong
- 3 cloves
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ghee
- a few curry leaves
- 1 Bay leaf
- Wash and soak the dal and millet for an hour.
- Heat a cooker add ghee. Add bay leaf, cloves, jeera, ginger, asafoetida and curry leaves. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the dal millet mixture.
- Add turmeric and chilli powders.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water and salt.
- Cook for 4 whistles and serve it with ghee and kadi.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?