Milk can be extracted from millets. Ragi milk is widely popular and sprouted grains are used for this purpose. Foxtail millet and Proso millet can also be used to extract milk. For this recipe I used Proso Millet. This milk can be used for making smoothies, kheer, popsicle etc. I will be sharing all those recipes soon.
- 1 Cup Proso Millet
- 6 Cups Water
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Soya sauce
- In a 3 Ltr Pressure Cooker add the millet and water. Cook for a whistle and simmer the stove to enable slow cooking for 20 minutes. Switch off and let it cool.
- Once cooled, take 2 cups of cooked millet, add 3.5 cups of water and blend on high speed in a mixie.
- Strain the milk using a strainer. Add honey and soya sauce.
- Blend and strain the remaining batches in the same way.
- Mix everything and refrigerate.
- The milk stays fresh for 10 days.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Click here or picture below to buy a Mixed Millets Combo Pack of 5.