Simple Spiced Poha/Aval is the most preferred dish when you want a quick, tasty and light breakfast. Aval made of millets are equally tasty. I have tried all varieties of millet pohas and they turn out beautiful with their distinct taste.
- 1 Packet (250 grms) of Little Millet/Samai Poha/Aval
- 2 Tbsp Urad dal
- 2 Tbsp Chana dal
- 6 Slit Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 4 Tbsp Peanuts
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 10 Chopped Curry Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- Wash, drain and keep the poha aside for 10 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and mix thoroughly.
- In a pan, add oil and do the tempering of mustard seeds, asafoetida, green chillies, peanuts and curry leaves.
- Add the poha and saute in the oil on low heat so that everything gets mixed up well.
- After 5 minutes, switch off the heat and add the lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes and before serving add coriander leaves.
- Simple and tasty poha ready!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email