Full meal salads are best suited for lunch or dinner. If you have the cooked millet ready, it can be prepared in no time. A healthy way to have a filling dish which has all the components of a meal like carbs, protein, fibre and other micro nutrients. They are light on stomach yet keeps us full for a long time.
- 1 Cup Cooked and Cooled Foxtail Millet
- 1/2 Cup Each (Cucumber, Carrots, Red Capsicum, Spinach)
- 1/2 Cup Each (Boiled Green Moong, Sweet Corn)
- 1/2 Cup Each (Pomegranate, Pear)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Mint Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Palm Jaggery Syrup
- 1 Tsp Yellow Mustard Paste
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper Powder
- In a small glass jar add all the ingredients mentioned under the heading ''Dressing''. Close and shake well. The dressing is ready.
- In a wide bowl add all the veggies, green moong, corn, fruits and finally cooked millet. Mix well. Add the dressing and chopped coriander leaves. Mix thoroughly. Serve Chill.
- Other millets like Kodo/Barnyard/Little can be also used .
- The quantity of veggies and fruits can be changed according to personal choice. More veggies like purple cabbage, onion, tomatoes, beetroot can also be added.
- Roasted nuts can also be added.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?