Tahiri is an Allahabadi Pulav cooked with mild spices, vegetables and Basmati Rice. I have replaced rice with Kodo Millet and the result was unimaginable!
- 1 cup Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 1 cup curd (not too thick)
- 2 Medium size potatoes
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 1 Medium size Tomato
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 8 Nos. Beans
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Biriyani Masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 small Bay leaves
- 4 tsp ghee
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 tbsp each of Chopped Coriander and Pudhina Leaves
- Wash and soak the millet for 30 minutes.
- Chop the veggies.
- Beat the curd and mix in the Spices, Salt, Veggies, 2 tsp Ghee and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a 2 ltr Pressure Cooker, add the remaining 2 tsp Ghee and 2 tsp water, mix frothy.
- Layer 1: Spread the Curd mix with veggies to cover the base.
- Layer 2: Spread the soaked and drained millet evenly.
- Layer 3: Spread Coriander and Pudhina Leaves.
- Layer 4: Sprinkle 1/4 cup water over the millet and pour 1/2 cup water from the sides of the cooker without disturbing the set up.
- Cook for 3 whistles. Open after the pressure settles down.
- Fluff up with a fork after 10 minutes and serve with raitha.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?