Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cooks in : 10 min Serves: 2 People
Tahiri is an Allahabadi Pulav cooked with mild spices, vegetables and Basmati Rice. I have replaced rice with Kodo Millet and the result was unimaginable!
- 1 cup Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 1 cup curd (not too thick)
- 2 Medium size potatoes
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 1 Medium size Tomato
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 8 Nos. Beans
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Biriyani Masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 small Bay leaves
- 4 tsp ghee
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 tbsp each of Chopped Coriander and Pudhina Leaves
- Wash and soak the millet for 30 minutes.
- Chop the veggies.
- Beat the curd and mix in the Spices, Salt, Veggies, 2 tsp Ghee and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a 2 ltr Pressure Cooker, add the remaining 2 tsp Ghee and 2 tsp water, mix frothy.
- Layer 1: Spread the Curd mix with veggies to cover the base.
- Layer 2: Spread the soaked and drained millet evenly.
- Layer 3: Spread Coriander and Pudhina Leaves.
- Layer 4: Sprinkle 1/4 cup water over the millet and pour 1/2 cup water from the sides of the cooker without disturbing the set up.
- Cook for 3 whistles. Open after the pressure settles down.
- Fluff up with a fork after 10 minutes and serve with raitha.