Missi Roti is made with wheat flour, gram flour, freshly ground spices and fried on tawa. I replaced gram flour with sattu and added jowar flour to make it more healthy. The result was awesome and we loved the healthy roti very much!
- 1.5 Cups Sattu (Roasted Gram flour)
- 1 Cup Jowar Flour
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Tsp Dried Pomegranate seeds (Anardana)
- 4 Black Pepper corns
- 3 Green chillies (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Methi Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- Take all the 3 flours in a wide bowl. Add onion, methi and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Dry roast cumin, carom seeds, anardana and pepper corns to nice aroma, powder and add to the flour.
- Add oil and other spices. Add water and make a soft dough. Keep covered for 30 minutes.
- Divide and roll into 1/2 inch roti.
- Heat a pan and roast the roti on both sides with oil.
- Serve with Pickle and Curd.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email