Cheela is a tasty pancake generally made using gram flour. I have incorporated multi millet flours and veggies along with besan to make them healthy. Since it was done with the intention of making it as a chaat item, filled it with some lentil masala! At the end, it became a wholesome healthy meal!!
- 1/2 Cup Sorghum/Jowar Flour
- 1/4 Cup Finger millet/Ragi Flour
- 1/4 Cup Pearl Millet/Bajra/Kambu Flour
- 1/4 Cup Gram Flour/Besan/Kadala Maavu
- 1.5 Cup grated Bottle gourd/Lauki/Sorakkai
- 1/4 Cup each (grated potato, carrot)
- 1/4 Cup Finely chopped Onion
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain/Omam
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Cup Boiled Pigeon eyed peas
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Some Sev for sprinkling
- Wash the grated potatoes and squeeze out water. Mix carrots, bottle gourd and onions along with potatoes and salt. Leave aside for 10 minutes. It will leave water.
- Now add all other ingredients and make a thick batter of pouring consistency.
- Mix the ingredients given under the heading stuffing except sev.
- Heat a pan and make a cheela. place two tablespoons of the stuffing on one side of the cheela and sprinkle some sev. Fold and sprinkle some more sev on top.
- Repeat the procedure for other cheelas. Serve immediately.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Single millet flour can also be used.
2. Can serve with some green and sweet chutneys.
3. Kala chana, kabuli chana or sprouted moong can be used for stuffing.