Mushrooms are high in nutrients and anti oxidants there by preventing diseases and promoting good health. Came across this recipe recently and I tried with millet and as usual it was perfect in texture and taste! Treat your family with this simple, easy and tasty biriyani !!
- 1.5 Cups Kodo/Varagu Millet
- 1 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Beans
- 1/2 Cup Caramelised Onion
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Mint/Pudhina Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Curd
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak millet for 30 minutes and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix the other ingredients well. Let this marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a 3 Ltr Pressure Cooker
- Layer 1: Ghee and 4 Tbsp Water. Spread evenly.
- Layer 2: Half of the marinated veggies. Make sure that it covers the bottom of the cooker.
- Layer 3: Drained Millet. Spread evenly.
- Layer 4: Cover the millet layer completely by the balance marinated veggies.
- Add 1 cup water from the sides without disturbing the set up.
- Cook for 2 whistles. Let the pressure settle down.
- Open and fluff up with a fork after 10 minutes.
- Flavourful biriyani ready in minutes!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email