Poha is best suited for breakfast or goes well as a snack with evening tea! My family loves poha a lot and numerous variations are possible to make this flakes tasty!
- 1.5 Cups Foxtail Millet Poha/Flakes
- 3 Guntur Chillies
- 3 Beydagi Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Grated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Roasted White Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tsp Jaggery Powder
- 1 Tsp Puliyogare Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 3 Tbsp Peanuts
- 1/2 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1 Red Chilli
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 10 Curry Leaves
- Wash and drain poha and keep aside.
- Grind guntur chillies, beydagi chillies, mustard Seeds, sesame seeds and coconut to a coarse powder.
- In a pan add oil and do the seasoning. Add 3 tbsp water, the ground powder, puliyogare powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, jaggery powder and salt. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, add the drained poha and give a good mix on low heat.
- After 3 minutes switch off the heat and keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some fresh grated coconut before serving.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?