Poha is best suited for breakfast or goes well as a snack with evening tea! My family loves poha a lot and numerous variations are possible to make this flakes tasty!
- 1.5 Cups Foxtail Millet Poha/Flakes
- 3 Guntur Chillies
- 3 Beydagi Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Grated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Roasted White Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tsp Jaggery Powder
- 1 Tsp Puliyogare Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 3 Tbsp Peanuts
- 1/2 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1 Red Chilli
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 10 Curry Leaves
- Wash and drain poha and keep aside.
- Grind guntur chillies, beydagi chillies, mustard Seeds, sesame seeds and coconut to a coarse powder.
- In a pan add oil and do the seasoning. Add 3 tbsp water, the ground powder, puliyogare powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, jaggery powder and salt. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, add the drained poha and give a good mix on low heat.
- After 3 minutes switch off the heat and keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some fresh grated coconut before serving.