Rasam is an integral part of Tamil Cuisine. There are many varieties of rasam which is actually a spiced soup. When oranges are available in abundance, the fruit can be enjoyed as rasam also!
- 1/4 Cup pre cooked toor dal
- 1 Medium size tomato chopped
- 3 Slit Green Chillies
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Rasam Powder
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- Seasoning of 1/2 Tsp mustard seeds in Ghee
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1.25 Tsp Salt
- Mix the cooked dal with water and make a thin stock.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker add all the ingredients except orange juice, seasoning and coriander leaves.
- Cook on high for one whistle. Let pressure settle down.
- Open add orange juice and mix in the seasoning and coriander leaves.
- Flavourful Orange Rasam is ready to serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?