Rasam is an integral part of Tamil Cuisine. There are many varieties of rasam which is actually a spiced soup. When oranges are available in abundance, the fruit can be enjoyed as rasam also! This is an OPOS dish.
- 1/4 Cup pre cooked toor dal
- 1 Medium size tomato chopped
- 3 Slit Green Chillies
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Rasam Powder
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- Seasoning of mustard seeds in Ghee
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1.25 Tsp Salt
- Mix the cooked dal with water and make a thin stock.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker add all the ingredients except orange juice, seasoning and coriander leaves.
- Cook on high for one whistle.
- Open add orange juice and mix in the seasoning and coriander leaves.
- Flavourful Orange Rasam is ready to serve.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email