Turmeric is full of nutrition and its high curcumin content helps in preventing various diseases. It helps to decrease inflamation, increases the antioxidant capacity of the body, helps in improving the brain function, lowers the risk of heart disease, prevents cancer, Alzheimer's disease, arthritis and delays ageing. Fresh turmeric can be used in salads and can be pickled along with ginger. I have already shared a rice variety which is extremely tasty. Today sharing a fantastic recipe of dosa using this golden rhizome along with millets. Try this recipe and reap the full benefits of curcumin.
- 2 Cups Little Millet
- 1 Cup Sago
- 1/4 Cup Whole White Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi Seeds
- 1/3 Cup fresh turmeric paste
- 2.25 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak millet, sago, dal and fenugreek seeds with enough water for 4 hours. Drain.
- Using a blender/mixie grind a smooth batter. Add salt and ferment overnight or for 8 hours.
- Once the batter is ready for use, add the turmeric paste and mix well. Healthy golden dosa batter is ready!
- Make dosas the usual way. You can choose to cover the dosa and cook to get soft set dosa type of dosas or cook both sides to get crispy dosas. You can make both types of dosas with the same batter.
- Serve hot with chutney/sambar/podi.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Other millets like Foxtail, Kodo, Barnyard, Proso or Browntop can be used for this recipe.