Pazham Pori is a popular snack item of Kerala. Nenthram Pazham is dipped in maida batter to make the fritters. I used multi millet flour and besan and got crispy, tasty fritters.
- 2 Ripe Nenthram Pazham (special bananas from Kerala)
- 1 Cup Multi Millet Flour
- 1 Cup Gram Flour/Besan
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain/Omam
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Pinch Baking Soda
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl take all the ingredients except banana and oil. Make a thick batter by adding water little by little. Let the batter be lump free.
- Peel bananas. Cut them into half and slice them vertically to get long flat strips.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. When ready, dip the banana strips in the batter . Make sure the batter is coated well from all sides.
- Place the batter coated slices in oil. Make sure that you add just only 2 or 3 pieces at a time.
- When one side is cooked, turn and cook the other side. When it is crisp and turns into light golden colour, remove.
- Place the fried fritters on a kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot along with tea.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email