Pazham Pori is a popular snack item of Kerala. Nenthram Pazham is dipped in maida batter to make the fritters. I used multi millet flour and besan and got crispy, tasty fritters.
- 2 Ripe Nenthram Pazham (special bananas from Kerala)
- 1 Cup Multi Millet Flour
- 1 Cup Gram Flour/Besan
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain/Omam
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Pinch Baking Soda
- (Cold Pressed) Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl take all the ingredients except banana and oil. Make a thick batter by adding water little by little. Let the batter be lump free.
- Peel bananas. Cut them into half and slice them vertically to get long flat strips.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. When ready, dip the banana strips in the batter . Make sure the batter is coated well from all sides.
- Place the batter coated slices in oil. Make sure that you add just only 2 or 3 pieces at a time.
- When one side is cooked, turn and cook the other side. When it is crisp and turns into light golden colour, remove.
- Place the fried fritters on a kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot along with tea.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?