Peanut dosa is a special delicacy in some parts of Tamilnadu. Peanuts are a good source of protein and low in carbs. Their rich fibre content and low GI makes them diabetic friendly. Combining them with whole sorghum/jowar which is high in fibre makes the dish even more healthy.
- 1 Cup Whole Sorghum/Jowar/Cholam Grains
- 1 Cup Idli Rice
- 1/2 Cup Raw Peanuts
- 3 Tbsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi/Vendhayam Seeds
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- Wash and soak Jowar, urad dal and methi seeds for 4 hours, grind to a smooth batter, add salt and allow it to ferment for 5 hours.
- Meanwhile soak peanuts for 4 hours and grind smoothly. Mix this with the fermented dosa batter and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Make excellent crispy dosas and serve with podi/sambar/chutney
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email