Peanut dosa is a special delicacy in some parts of Tamilnadu. Peanuts are a good source of protein and low in carbs. Their rich fibre content and low GI makes them diabetic friendly. Combining them with whole sorghum/jowar which is high in fibre makes the dish even more healthy.
- 1 Cup Whole Sorghum/Jowar/Cholam Grains
- 1 Cup Idli Rice
- 1/2 Cup Raw Peanuts
- 3 Tbsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi/Vendhayam Seeds
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- Wash and soak Jowar, urad dal and methi seeds for 4 hours, grind to a smooth batter, add salt and allow it to ferment for 5 hours.
- Meanwhile soak peanuts for 4 hours and grind smoothly. Mix this with the fermented dosa batter and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Make excellent crispy dosas and serve with podi/sambar/chutney
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email