Peanut rice is a very tasty and spicy rice variety suitable for lunch box.
- 1 cup cooked Kodo millet rice (can substitute kodo with little, proso, barnyard or foxtail millet)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 red chillies fried in oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- a pinch of asafoetida
- a few curry leaves.
- Cashews (optional)
- Dry roast the sesame seeds till they pop up.
- Dry roast coconut on low heat.
- Do the seasoning and keep aside.
- Powder the peanuts, sesame seeds, coconut and fried chilli.
- Add the seasoning, salt and the powder to the rice. Mix thoroughly. (If needed, add 1 to 2 tsp of sesame oil).
- Add fried cashews for garnishing.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email