Peanut rice is a very tasty and spicy rice variety suitable for lunch box.
- 1 cup cooked Kodo millet rice (can substitute kodo with little, proso, barnyard or foxtail millet)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 red chillies fried in oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- a pinch of asafoetida
- a few curry leaves.
- Cashews (optional)
- Dry roast the sesame seeds till they pop up.
- Dry roast coconut on low heat.
- Do the seasoning and keep aside.
- Powder the peanuts, sesame seeds, coconut and fried chilli.
- Add the seasoning, salt and the powder to the rice. Mix thoroughly. (If needed, add 1 to 2 tsp of sesame oil).
- Add fried cashews for garnishing.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email