Pesarattu is a popular breakfast dish of Andra Pradesh. A very nutritious dosa variety where green gram is used. I added Proso Millet and it was very tasty. It is my family's favourite and every time, I vary the vegetable like grated carrots, onion, fenugreek leaves, grated yellow pumpkin etc.
- 1 Cup Proso Millet/Panivaragu Millet
- 1 Cup Split Green gram/moong/payaru
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida
- 6 Red Chillies
- 1'' Ginger
- 10 Chopped Curry Leaves
- 2 Finely Chopped Onions
- Soak the millet and dal for 4 hours.
- Using a blender, first grind ginger, chillies and salt coarsely.
- Add the millet dal mixture and grind smoothly adding little water.
- Add chopped onions, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Make dosas and place rava upma inside the dosa and serve with ginger chutney or any other chutney.
- It can be served without upma also.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email