Pesarattu is a popular breakfast dish of Andra Pradesh. A very nutritious dosa variety where green gram is used. I added Proso Millet and it was very tasty. It is my family's favourite and every time, I vary the vegetable like grated carrots, onion, fenugreek leaves, grated yellow pumpkin etc.
- 1 Cup Proso Millet/Panivaragu Millet
- 1 Cup Split Green gram/moong/payaru
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida
- 6 Red Chillies
- 1'' Ginger
- 10 Chopped Curry Leaves
- 2 Finely Chopped Onions
- Soak the millet and dal for 4 hours.
- Using a blender, first grind ginger, chillies and salt coarsely.
- Add the millet dal mixture and grind smoothly adding little water.
- Add chopped onions, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Make dosas and place rava upma inside the dosa and serve with ginger chutney or any other chutney.
- It can be served without upma also.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email