This simple pulav variety can be prepared with pickle and some veggies available at home without much planning! Avakai, mango thokku, gongura or tomato thokku are best suited for this dish. I used Varagu/ Kodo Millet for this recipe.
- 1 Cup Kodo Millet
- 1.5 Cups water
- 2 Tsp Pickle gravy ( I used home made avakai pickle)
- 1 Cup Chopped Veggies ( a mix of carrot, peas, cauliflower and beans)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ghee
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- Wash and soak millet for 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a small PressureCooker add ghee and splutter jeera.
- Add millet, veggies, salt and water.
- Close and cook for 3 whistles. Let the pressure settle down. Open and fluff up after 10 minutes.
- Yummy pickle pulav is ready!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?