This simple pulav variety can be prepared with pickle and some veggies available at home without much planning! Avakai,cut mango, gongura or tomato pickles are best suited for this dish. I used Varagu/ Kodo Millet for this recipe.
- 1 Cup Kodo Millet
- 2 Tsp Pickle gravy ( I used home made avakai pickle)
- 1 Cup Chopped Veggies ( a mix of carrot, peas, cauliflower and beans)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ghee
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- Wash and soak millet for 30 minutes.
- In a 2 Ltr PressureCooker
- Layer 1: Grease the cooker bottom with ghee.
- Layer 2: Add Jeera.
- Layer 3: Spread the drained millet to cover the bottom of the cooker.
- Layer 4: Pickle
- Layer 5: Spread veggies evenly.
- Layer 6: Salt
- Pour 1.5 cups of water from the inner sides of the cooker, so that the layering is not disturbed.
- Close and cook for 3 whistles. Let the pressure settle down. Open and fluff up after 10 minutes.
- Yummy pickle pulav is ready!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email