Pirandai/Adamant Creeper has high medicinal value. It helps in curing stomach problems, keeping a check on cholesterol levels, reduces inflammation and purifies blood. Chutney and powder are common dishes made out of this plant. It can be grown anywhere and hardly requires any care. Pluck and peel the thick skin before using them.
- 2 Cups Proso Millet
- 1/2 Cup Whole White Urad Dal
- 1/4 Cup Any Millet Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 20 Finger length pieces of Pirandai
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak millet, dal, flakes and fenugreek seeds together for 4 hours, grind smooth add salt and ferment for 6 to 8 hours.
- When the batter is ready, saute the washed, peeled pirandai in a tsp of oil till it becomes soft. Grind and add the puree to the batter.
- Mix well and make dosas. The dosas will be light green in colour because of the leaves/stems of the creeper added to it.
- Make a healthy dosa for your family!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Can use Kodo/Little/Barnyard/Foxtail millets instead of Proso Millet.