Cooks in : 30 min Serves: 3 people
A crispy and tasty snack which can be relished by one and all. Millet Poha/flakes gives an excellent taste and texture and the bondas remain crisp for a long time. Enjoy this snack with a cup of tea!
- 2 Cups of Barnyard Millet Flakes/Poha/Aval
- 2 Medium size boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 6 Finely chopped green chillies
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Oil for frying
- Wash and drain the flakes. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp water and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Mash the flakes well with hands. Mix other ingredients and make a thick dough.
- Divide them into small balls.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is ready, deep fry the balls in batches. Fry them evenly from all sides.
- When done, remove and drain the excess oil using a kitchen tissue.
- Serve hot with chutney/sauce.
1. While frying turn the balls so that it cooks well from all sides.
2. Any millet flakes can be used for this recipe.