A crispy and tasty snack which can be relished by one and all. Millet Poha/flakes gives an excellent taste and texture and the bondas remain crisp for a long time. Enjoy this snack with a cup of tea!
- 2 Cups of Barnyard Millet Flakes/Poha/Aval
- 2 Medium size boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 6 Finely chopped green chillies
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Oil for frying
- Wash and drain the flakes. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp water and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Mash the flakes well with hands. Mix other ingredients and make a thick dough.
- Divide them into small balls.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is ready, deep fry the balls in batches. Fry them evenly from all sides.
- When done, remove and drain the excess oil using a kitchen tissue. Serve hot with chutney/sauce.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. While frying turn the balls so that it cooks well from all sides.
2. Any millet flakes can be used for this recipe.