Mango season is back and I am also back with mango recipes! This is a very simple, easy no cook dessert recipe best suited for summer! Mango delight is with dairy milk and Oreo delight is with coconut milk to make it as vegan and both are going to be loved by elders as well as children. Now Millet Table has a YouTube Channel in the same name. Please watch and subscribe to our channel.
- For Mango Delight:
- 1 Cup Boiled and cooled milk sweetened with 1 Tbsp Nattu sarkarai/Jaggery and 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 Cup Pearl Millet Flakes/Poha/Aval
- 1 Small Banana and 1/2 Cup Mango Pieces
- 5 Dates chopped into pieces
- 1/2 Tsp Sabja seeds soaked in water for 10 minutes and drained
- 5 Almonds chopped
- 1 Cup Medium thick Coconut Milk
- 1 Medium size Banana mashed and sweetened with 1 Tbsp Nattu Sarkarai/Jaggery
- 6 Oreo Biscuits after removing the cream
- 5 Almonds chopped
- Mango Delight: Roast the flakes till they become crisp. Please check poha laddu video to know more about roasting. Do not over roast. Mash banana and half of mango pieces well and reserve the balance mangoes.
- In a tall glass layer as follows:
- Layer 1: Mashed mango banana mix
- Layer 2: Sweetened Milk
- Layer 3: 1/2 Tsp Soaked Sabja Seeds
- layer 4: Roasted Flakes
- Layer 5: Mango and Dates Pieces
- Layer 6: Almond Pieces
- Repeat the layers till the glass is full. Finally decorate with fruit pieces and serve chill.
- Mix nattu sarkarai with fruit pieces and mash coarsely. Powder the Oreo biscuits and mix half with coconut milk. Roast the flakes till they are crisp.
- In a tall glass layer as below:
- Layer 1: Mashed fruits
- Layer 2: Oreo mixed milk
- Layer 3: Roasted Flakes
- Layer 4: Almond pieces
- Layer 5: Oreo Powder
- Repeat the layers till the glass is full. Finally place one Oreo biscuit and serve immediately.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Any Millet flakes can be used for these recipes.
- Other vegan milk like cashew milk or almond milk can be used for both the recipes.
- Sugar/Honey/Maple Syrup can be used as a sweetener.