Puffed millets can be used for making soft dosas. Roasted and puffed millets are readily available in the market and I used jowar puffs for this recipe.
- 1 Cup Sorghum/Jowar Grains
- 3 Cups Sorghum/Jowar Puffs (pori)
- 1/4 Cup Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi Seeds
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak jowar grains separately. Soak Urad dal and methi seeds together. Soak jowar puffs separately. All these are to be soaked for 3 hours.
- Grind everything to a fine batter using a mixie. Mix everything and add salt. Ferment overnight or for 8 hours.
- Make dosas and serve along with a suitable side dish.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Bajra grains and puffs can also be used. My puffs were already salted. If the puffs are unsalted, adjust salt accordingly.