Pancakes are breakfast delicacies generally made using refined flour. But I used multi millet flour, jaggery and pumpkin puree to make healthy and delicious pancakes. They turned out awesome!
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Multi Millet Flour
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 1 Cup Cubed Pumpkin
- A pinch of Salt
- 3 Tbsp Flaxseed Gel
- Pressure bake the pumpkins and blend to make puree. Those who are not aware of pressure baking, can boil and blend.
- Mix all the ingredients with the puree and make a batter.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat and grease with ghee or oil.
- Pour a ladle of batter and spread. Once the bottom is cooked, flip and cook the other side. When done, remove.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup as topping.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. For preparing flaxseed gel, boil 2 tbsp flaxseed with 1/2 Cup of water for 10 minutes. Let it cool. Strain to separate gel from the seeds. This gel acts as a replacement for eggs and gives softness to the pancakes.