Fried rice is a very popular easy dish where veggies are tossed along with sauces and later mixed with rice. This recipe is very unique. I have used purple cabbage as a main ingredient along with some other veggies. Cabbage has a lot of health benefits. Try to include them whenever possible.
- 2 Cups Precooked and cooled Kodo millet
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 Cup Mixed Veggies (Carrots, Corn, Peas, Beans)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 each (Bay Leaf, Star Anis)
- 2 each (Cinnamon, Cardamom)
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1.25 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp each (tomato sauce, chilli sauce)
- 1 Slit Green Chilli
- Heat a pan and add oil. Add the whole spices (bay leaf, cinnamon, star anis, cardamom, jeera) and sauté for a minute. Add onions and sauté for 30 seconds. Add mix veggies, green chilli, vinegar, pepper powder and sauté for a minute.
- Add purple cabbage, salt and cook for few minutes by covering the pan. The veggies should cook in such a way that they retain their crunchiness. This may take 3 minutes approximately.
- Once done, add tomato, chilli sauce and sauté for a minute. Finally add the precooked and cooled millet and mix everything well on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Serve with raita or dal fry.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Other millets like Foxtail, Little or Barnyard can be used for this recipe.
- Lemon Juice can be added instead of vinegar.