Morkali is a traditional tambrahm dish which is made using rice flour and sour buttermilk to make a fudge. Even though I already posted morkali recipe with multi millet flour, wanted to share this awesome one with Ragi.
- 1 Cup Ragi Flour
- 1 Cup Thick Sour Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Curd Chilli/Mormilagai
- 2 Tbsp Curry Leaves
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- In a pan add oil and do seasoning of mustard seeds, dal, green chilli, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Mix ragi flour, buttermilk, water and salt without any lump.
- Add the seasoning to the batter and mix well.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker add a cup of water.
- Pour the prepared batter in a cake tin, muffin moulds or any other vessel. Make sure that water doesn't enter in to the batter vessel.
- Close and cook for 8 whistles.
- Open after pressure settles down.
- Allow the cooked kali to cool down.
- Remove from the mould and serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?