Morkali is a traditional tambrahm dish which is made using rice flour and sour buttermilk to make a fudge. Even though I already posted morkali recipe with multi millet flour, wanted to share this awesome one with Ragi.
- 1 Cup Ragi Flour
- 1 Cup Thick Sour Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Curd Chilli/Mormilagai
- 2 Tbsp Curry Leaves
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- 2 Tbsp (Cold Pressed) Oil
- In a pan add oil and do seasoning of mustard seeds, dal, green chilli, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Mix ragi flour, buttermilk, water and salt without any lump.
- Add the seasoning to the batter and mix well.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker add a cup of water.
- Pour the prepared batter in a cake tin, muffin moulds or any other vessel. Make sure that water doesn't enter in to the batter vessel.
- Close and cook for 8 whistles.
- Open after pressure settles down.
- Allow the cooked kali to cool down.
- Remove from the mould and serve.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?