Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
As the summer vacation has started, children are at home and they demand some tasty chatpata chaat items often! I am going to share a few chaat items made with millets in my next few posts.
Nachos is a Mexican dish which consists of crunchy chips usually served with cheese, olives, jalapeño peppers, sour cream and salsa. The chips are usually made of corn flour/Makkai atta. The same crispy chips are possible with our nutrition packed ragi flour. Try this crunchy chips and and serve nachos with your favourite toppings!
- 1 Cup Packed Ragi Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 Tsp Pepper Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Pinches of Baking soda
- Oil for frying
- Cheese Powder
- Chopped Jalapeños
- Chopped Olives
- In a 2 Ltr pressure cooker, add water and salt. Cook for a whistle. Turn off heat.
- Release pressure and mix in soda, ragi flour and rice flour. Mix well till it appears like wet sand. Keep the cooker covered with weight on for 15 minutes.
- Open, add pepper powder and knead for 5 minutes so that the dough becomes soft. Since a tight dough is required, avoid adding water.
- Now, take 2 clean plastic sheets and grease them well. Take a small ball of the dough, place between the 2 sheets and spread as thin as possible using a roller.
- Cut into rectangles with a greased knife. Prick them with fork so that they do not puff up while frying.
- Repeat the same process for the entire dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them on medium heat. Drain on a kitchen tissue.
- Immediately sprinkle some cheese powder.
- Serve with some chopped jalapeños, olives etc. and a dip.
1. Keep the dough covered with a wet cloth when you roll out a small portion, so that it does not become dry.