As the summer vacation has started, children are at home and they demand some tasty chatpata chaat items often! I am going to share a few chaat items made with millets in my next few posts. Nachos is a Mexican dish which consists of crunchy chips usually served with cheese, olives, jalapeño peppers, sour cream and salsa. The chips are usually made of corn flour/Makkai atta. The same crispy chips are possible with our nutrition packed ragi flour. Try this crunchy chips and and serve nachos with your favourite toppings!
- 1 Cup Packed Ragi Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 Tsp Pepper Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Pinches of Baking soda
- Oil for frying
- Cheese Powder
- Chopped Jalapeños
- Chopped Olives
- In a 2 Ltr pressure cooker, add water and salt. Cook for a whistle. Turn off heat.
- Release pressure and mix in soda, ragi flour and rice flour. Mix well till it appears like wet sand. Keep the cooker covered with weight on for 15 minutes.
- Open, add pepper powder and knead for 5 minutes so that the dough becomes soft. Since a tight dough is required, avoid adding water.
- Now, take 2 clean plastic sheets and grease them well. Take a small ball of the dough, place between the 2 sheets and spread as thin as possible using a roller.
- Cut into rectangles with a greased knife. Prick them with fork so that they do not puff up while frying.
- Repeat the same process for the entire dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them on medium heat. Drain on a kitchen tissue.
- Immediately sprinkle some cheese powder.
- Serve with some chopped jalapeños, olives etc. and a dip.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Keep the dough covered with a wet cloth when you roll out a small portion, so that it does not become dry.