Okra/Ladies Finger is rich in fibre. It is helpful in maintaining cholesterol, diabetes, boosts immune system and prevents kidney disease. Generally, the heads or crowns are discarded while cutting them. My grand mother and mother always make use of the tender crowns while grinding dosa batter. I have already shared a dosa recipe using them. But this ragi dosa recipe is slightly different and tastes so good. Always use tender heads/crowns and discard the hard ones.
- 2 Cups Ragi Flour
- 1 Cup Idli Rice
- 1/2 Cup Okra/Bhindi/Vendakkai heads/Crowns
- 1/4 Cup Urad Dal
- 1.75 Tsp Salt
- Soak dal and rice for 4 hours. Grind to a smooth batter adding okra crowns/heads.
- Mix in ragi flour and make a smooth batter without any lumps. Add salt.
- Adjust the consistency by adding water.
- Ferment for 6 hours/overnight.
- Make dosas and serve along with sambar/chutney/podi.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Make sure the batter is lump free.
2. Before fermenting, let it be of idli batter consistency. Add water and adjust before making dosas.
3. Jowar/Sorghum/Cholam or Bajra/Pearl millet/Kambu flours can also be used instead of ragi flour.