Pakodas are generally made using gram flour, onion and some spices. A cup of hot masala tea and onion pakodas makes a great combo during rainy days! I used ragi flour and sattu to make this tasty, crunchy snack. They are absolutely delicious!!
- 1 Cup Ragi Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sattu or Roasted Gram Flour (pottu kadalai maavu)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Chopped coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Curry Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 3 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a wide bowl. Add water little by little and make a thick dough. You should be able to pinch small portions.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once it is hot, pinch the dough into tiny pieces and drop them. Add just 10 to 15 pieces at one go.
- Let it cook for a few minutes. Turn the pakodas often so that it becomes crisp from all sides.
- Once it turns crisp, remove and place them on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve with sauce or chutney.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email