Pakodas are generally made using gram flour, onion and some spices. A cup of hot masala tea and onion pakodas makes a great combo during rainy days! I used ragi flour and sattu to make this tasty, crunchy snack. They are absolutely delicious!!
- 1 Cup Ragi Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sattu or Roasted Gram Flour (pottu kadalai maavu)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Chopped coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Curry Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 3 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a wide bowl. Add water little by little and make a thick dough. You should be able to pinch small portions.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once it is hot, pinch the dough into tiny pieces and drop them. Add just 10 to 15 pieces at one go.
- Let it cook for a few minutes. Turn the pakodas often so that it becomes crisp from all sides.
- Once it turns crisp, remove and place them on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve with sauce or chutney.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email