Children love crispy items and this recipe is good as an evening snack with the goodness of ragi and sattu. Ragi is very good for growing children. It is a perfect balance of protein, fibre and carbs.
- 1/2 Cup Ragi Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sattu
- 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1 Tbsp Hot oil
- 1 Tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- Oil For Frying
- Mix all the flours, salt asafoetida powder, sesame seeds well.
- Heat a pan with oil for deep frying.
- Add 1 tbsp of hot oil to the flour mixture. Mix well. Now add water slowly and make a soft non sticky dough.
- Use the murukku/chakli press and choose the right plate for ribbon. Fill the press with the dough and squeeze in the oil. Cook on medium heat.
- Once the bottom portion becomes crisp, flip and cook the other side.
- Remove and drain the pakoda on a kitchen tissue.
- Once cooled down, store in an air tight container.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email