Akki Roti is a breakfast dish prepared with either rice or ragi flour in Karnataka. Millet, veggies and spices make this dish very tasty and ragi gives the feeling of fullness for a long time. Its high fibre content, calcium and iron contents makes it suitable for diabetic people.
- 1 cup Ragi flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp any (Cold Pressed) Cooking Oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp each of Chopped Curry leaves, Coriander leaves and Pudhina
- 3 Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp each of crushed Jeera, white sesame seeds and omam/ajwain
- In a 2 ltr Pressure Cooker, add water, salt and cooking oil. Close and cook for a whistle on high and switch off.
- Immediately release the pressure manually with utmost care.
- Add the Ragi flour and mix thoroughly so that there is no dry flour left.
- Close the lid with the weight on and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Open, add the spices, veggies and knead into a soft ball by greasing your palm.
- Pat rotis on a banana leaf/alu foil, transfer to the tawa and cook on both sides with little oil. Serve with curd.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?